Back to jobs
Geotechnical Team Lead
- Posted 11 January 2023
- Salary £400 - £450 per day
- Job type Contract
- Contact NameMarkJames Search
My clients, a global multinational technical professional services firm providing integrated solutions through engineering, is currently hiring for Geotechnical Team Lead to lead a team of design professionals specialising in the input of Geotechnical expertise across multiple projects.
- Ensuring that the UK Geotechnical Team develops and maintains the people and skills necessary to deliver a quality professional service to both internal and external clients.
- Collaborating with colleagues across the Geotechnical Service Line to understand client requirements and facilitate the successful resourcing and delivery of projects.
- Developing and agreeing job work packages, budgets, and progress with Project Managers and Project Directors.
- Managing the allocation of people to projects in agreement with the Project Managers and Project Directors.
- Managing and mitigating risks within the Team, including compliance with Quality Control Procedures and Limits of Authority.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience of acting as an Associate Geotechnical Engineer in a fast-moving engineering consultancy environment.
- Project management - experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Proven geotechnical design experience.
- Application of CDM Regulations in a design and ground investigation environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work.
This is a full time, contract position for an initial period of 6 months with the option to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
This role is available in Manchester and/or Chester.
Please apply online for consideration.