Our client, a Leading UK law Practice are currently hiring for a Finance Director Responsible for the financial management of the firm. This is a key role within the senior leadership team and the role will involve all aspects Regulatory Financial Compliance, exceptional Stakeholder Engagement and guiding the senior leadership on commercial finance matters.
- Working closely with Management Committee (the board) to deliver the firm's business plan.
- Ensuring regulatory financial compliance is adhered to and taking on the COFA role.
- Implementing and maintaining operational excellence across all finance and accounts processes.
- Leading the development of the finance strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions, and decision-making as appropriate.
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business drivers.
- Liaising with auditors to manage the production of year end accounts as well as financial and SAR account rules audits.
- Being responsible for monitoring cash flow and treasury management with the goal of managing the firm's liquidity and mitigating any operational, financial and reputational risk.
- Qualified member status of accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- A proactive financial leader with strong business acumen and technical accounting and finance skills.
- Experience in a legal partnership or a professional services environment is highly desirable.
- Expert knowledge and experience of leading a finance function, either as a Finance Director or Head of Finance.
- A proven track record of achieving positive and substantial financial improvement in the businesses with which they have worked.
- Commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful, and influential leadership skills with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- High impact communication and presentation skills, working at all levels to influence the wider business direction and decisions.
- Continuous improvement mind-set with a focus on adding real value to a business.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
This is a Hybrid position with travel to Reading office 1-2 days weekly.
Please apply online for consideration.