Our client, a global enterprise technology company, based in Reading, is currently hiring for a Financial Accountant to manage the full process of preparing and filing local IFRS statutory accounts for the local statutory entities within the specified deadlines.
- Build a good working relationship with the external auditors, managing their requests and coordinating responses to queries and audit action points.
- Build a good working relationship with the wider EMEA Accounting team
- Undertake full monthly reviews of the balance sheet and profit and loss accounts of each local entity, ensuring balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled and supported in Blackline, with material movements explained.
- Manage the accounting and reconciliation for all bank transactions.
- Represent the country in discussions on global financial accounting and tax issues.
- Provide ad-hoc Accounting project support, as required
- Professional Accounting Qualification - ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CPA, with Degree level education.
- Directly related experience with a strong Technical Accounting background.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a multinational company.
- Proficiency in advanced accounting concepts, including core financial statement preparation of Balance Sheets, Profit & Loss Accounts and Cash Flow.
- Strong computer skills utilising Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with global accounting software ERP packages, preferably SAP, and analytical tools such as CPM/ Essbase.
- Strong knowledge and technical acumen for the accounting validation of business results.
This is a full time, contract position for an initial period of 12 months with the option to extend and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
Please apply online to be considered.