Contract 6 months
€16 / £15 p/h
Our client is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Their teams serve virtually every sector within the health system, & work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries - from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures.
The EAP Counsellor is responsible for taking inbound calls to provide telephonic assessment and solution focused consultation to clients calling regarding their behavioural health benefits. In addition to assessment and triage, the successful candidate will engage in short-term problem resolution, authorisation and referrals for routine and crisis callers.
- Answer inbound EAP and Behavioural calls to ensure appropriate responses are offered where client or corporate risk is identified
- Call Assessment - Carry out telephone assessment of callers, provide one off support calls, and refer to other services as appropriate
- Call Triage - Carry out telephonic assessment of risk and linking to appropriate levels of care
- Provide solution focused consultation to all calls from client organisation managers or other client representatives
- Record brief clinical notes, use work queues and call diaries using Optum's Case Management system and company email
- Work with all Service Centre teams to determine member eligibility and benefit coverage in order to provide an effective and seamless service experience
- Participate in all group supervision as required
- Undertake all other tasks and responsibilities as required
- Accreditation to a recognised counselling and/or psychotherapy governing body, including all supervised hours requirements
- Relevant counselling qualifications
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite skills and the ability to learn Case Management Systems or other healthcare platforms
- Existing experience working in an EAP environment, ideally with call centre experience
- Experience in using online Case Management Systems
- Knowledge of the Brief Solution Focused Therapy model
Hours, location & Pay
Please note this is now open to both UK and Ireland locations. It would be based onsite in Dublin (Waverly place) and remote for the UK. The hourly rate to the candidate is £19 for the UK and €21 for Ireland.
Work Schedule: 22.5 hours; Saturday 10.00-18.15, Monday 10.00-18.15, Tuesday 10.00-18.15