Our client, a multinational energy company, has a site based in London and is currently hiring for a Construction Site Manager to be responsible for ensuring that the site based construction activities are safely and efficiently managed in accordance with both legislation and clients policies, procedures and standards.
- Create, drive and maintain a positive engagement of SHEQ culture throughout the team on the projects construction element of the asset life cycle.
- Good working knowledge of CDM Regulations and practical experience in their application.
- Issue written site instructions following agreement from the Project Manager and authenticate any record sheets issued by the Principal Contractor.
- Ensure that a drawing documentation system is established on site, which clearly indexes drawings logged and filed in specific sections.
- Ensure the Principle Contractor maintains the system throughout with the latest working drawings/revisions clearly noted and drawings filed to ensure they are readily available.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as Construction Site Manager
- Awareness of Contract management within fixed price and target cost contracts.
- Previous experience of project site management capability of working to deadlines and in a contracting environment.
- A strong understanding of BESC/ SMSTS construction requirements/legislation such as CDM.
- Demonstrable experience of working under commercial contract frameworks such as NEC3/JCT etc.
This is a full time, contract position for an initial period of 3 months with the possibility to extend every 3 months for up to 12 montns and/or become permanent (although this is not guaranteed).
Please apply online to be considered.