Our client, a global SaaS company, based in Dublin, are currently hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to design new product features and feature changes, both independently and in cooperation with other Senior Engineers and Architects.
- Implement code changes and new features with efficient, reusable and performant code.
- Learn and promote engineering best practices.
- Investigate issues in development and production while working with other teams and Senior Engineers.
- Ensure component quality and stability through performance and resiliency testing
- Liaise with product stakeholders and other teams in the organisation to complete the
- projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Provide effort estimations for individual assignments and constant progress updates to the team.
- Participate in code reviews and design workshops.
- Work as part of a cross functional agile development team.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in design and development of back-end distributed systems with Microsoft .Net Full Framework and C#, and 2+ years with .NET Core
- Strong knowledge of OOA, OOD principles and multi-threading.
- Experience with common design patterns, messaging patterns, and distributed systems
- Experience building microservices (REST, CQRS pattern) and/or Windows Services
- Experience working with message brokers (either of RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka, IBM MQ, MSMQ, NserviceBus)
- Experience with distributed cache and/or no SQL DBs (Redis, Elsastic Cache, Memcached, Couchbase, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience with SQL (MS SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Docker Containers
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud-based services
- Good understanding and experience with Agile development methodologies and lean principles
This is an immediate start self-employed/Ltd company contract role which will run for a minimum period of 12 months, with the potential to either extend up to 24 months, or become permanent, although this is not guaranteed.
In this position you would be responsible for paying all of you own relevant taxes and deductions in country.
This position is working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Please apply online for consideration.