Our client, a well-established and recognised brand, are currently hiring for a Senior Product Development Manager to ensure the success of new and existing products, working closely with multiple functions to define customer propositions and journeys, ensuring the needs of customers are appropriately balanced against business requirements and capabilities.
- Own the end-to-end experience for specified customer journeys and product areas, using service blueprinting to map all interactions and then identify optimisation opportunities to produce the best customer experience and operational efficiency balance
- Working closely with Designers to shape the ideal customer experience using relevant customer and business insight and then work with the relevant delivery teams, for example IT or Operations, to determine how best the ideal experience can be realised and delivered
- Build and manage strategic service development roadmaps for product areas which addresses our customer's problems and delivers value.
- Act as a key point of contact for the business in planning, managing, prioritising and executing priority customer journey developments
- Work closely with Digital CX, Digital Product Owners, Engineering, Product Management, Group Marketing, Technical Services, Operations and IT to support the implementation of service improvements both within new product design and in life product management
- Continuously scan the external market to identify best practice approaches that can be adopted in-house, as well as to identify potential competitive threats to add to our overall roadmap planning
- Champion the importance of service development in balancing customer experience with business objectives providing external input and best practice
- Provide leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed to fit within the Board's agreed risk appetite.
- At least 5 years product or customer journey development and management experience, with experience working in an agile environment preferable
- Experience of working with both digital and offline products is essential
- Experinces gained in a corporate B2C enviornment, ideally from a subscription or regaulated product set.
This is a part home/part office based role working 2-3 daysper week from home, and 2-3 days from London the office.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.