Our client, a leading pensions consultancy, based in London, is currently hiring for an Senior Covenant Consultant to work alongside a specialist team, which provides advice to both trustees of defined benefit pension schemes and the companies which sponsor them regarding all aspects of the employer covenant.
- Triennial covenant assessments, including forming a view on the strength of the employer covenant
- Advising on options to improve the covenant strength, including contingent assets
- Affordability analysis and advising on conditional funding arrangements
- Development and implementation of covenant monitoring frameworks
- Advising on the covenant impact of corporate transactions
- Estimating the detriment arising from corporate activities and advising on mitigation options
- Preparing written reports and delegating tasks efficiently where and when appropriate
- Attending client meetings/calls and delivering our findings and recommendations
- High degree of professional integrity
- Strong numerical and analytical background
- Diligent, with exceptional attention to detail
- Accounting (ACA/ACCA), actuarial (FIA) or similar qualification (e.g. CFA)
- Solid understanding of the UK pensions industry
- Familiarity with the latest guidance from the Pensions Regulator regarding the employer covenant
- Experience in undertaking employer covenant reviews
- Experience regarding corporate transactions and consulting
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.