Our client, a world leading soft commodities and food raw materials price analytics company, is seeking an ambitious Market Analyst to join its Intelligence team, with an inquisitive, rational and intellectual approach to analysing fundamental data, macro and market information with the ability to deliver cohesive and credible commodity market outlook.
- Interpreting market research data, formulating insight and making recommendations based upon research findings
- Providing commodity insight/data for the online platform and participating in new product development projects
- Undertaking forecasting activities
- Building and maintaining contacts in the industry, and collating information from key industry participants
- Performing primary and secondary market analysis
- Delivering continuous improvement in market knowledge
- Continually challenging, refining and improving operational processes to achieve improvement in productivity and quality of service
- University degree in agriculture or economics preferred
- 2 years of experience of the commodities market (experience of either dairy, fruits & vegetable markets would be ideal)
- Understanding of commodities price theory, including the fundamental drivers for supply, demand, trade flows and prices and their mutual interaction
- Experience in undertaking forecasting activities preferred
- Excellent analytical, qualitative and quantitative skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective relationships across all levels in an organization
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Self-starter with strong continuous improvement mindset
This is a full-time role, working Monday - Friday. A competitive salary and benefits are on offer.
Please apply online to be considered.