Our client, a global software business in Reading, is currently recruiting for a General Ledger Accountant to join the team.
A large focus of the role will be to assist the senior manager with the monthly close process and ad hoc projects.
- Performs complex analytical assignments and prepares accounting related treatment as an individual contributor.
- Provides subject matter expertise on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to support the proper treatment of business transactions for both US and applicable countries.
- Engages the team and establishes priorities for project management of related initiatives including impact on systems.
- Leads complex accounting projects with little or no direction, including the development of new stakeholder reports.
- Interacts with key stakeholders outside of accounting.
- Reviews and enhances the monthly balance sheet account reconciliations on an ad-hoc basis and assists in researching differences.
- Uses their financial and accounting experience and acumen to analyse and interpret data to make any recommendations on possible courses of action as appropriate.
- Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Identifies opportunities to increase the leveraging of systems and applications by the user community to enhance business systems optimisation for the overall process to minimise manual work‐around and stand‐alone systems.
- Responsible for escalations from internal customers and responses to customer inquiries, ensuring issue and error resolution while analysing issue drivers and taking mitigating actions.
- Plans and structures work activities and sets deadlines. Subsequently monitors progress on tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Four or more years of work experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles both US GAAP, and local GAAP/IFRS.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, CPM/Essbase, and Blackline.
- Experience in the preparation of general ledgers and report query and design.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- CPA certification (or local equivalent such as ACCA, ACA or CIMA).
- Experience working in global environments.
- Big 4 Accounting/Advisory/Audit experience.
- Demonstrated Shared Service Center experience within a global, publicly-traded company.
- Knowledge of FASB, SEC requirements, SOX compliance.
This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday.
Our client offers fantastic progression opportunities and an excellent remuneration package.
Please apply online to be considered.