Our client, a data analytics and process intelligence company, is looking for a talented DevOps Engineer in Lisbon, Portugal.
The role involves supporting the client's efforts aimed to the commercialization of web-based data science tools for the process industry. You will drive and extend the client's existing software framework, based on a micro-service architecture, with additional structural components and integration of machine learning algorithms. The goal is to transfer the developed solution into production and monitor the deployment. The position includes intense interaction with data scientists, software engineers, academic partners and clients.
- Excellent university degree (at least Bachelor) in computer science, software engineering, or similar fields
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes and Linux
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, optimally Terraform
- Practical experience with AWS, Azure, and possibly OpenStack
- Programming experience in Python, and possibly Golang
- Understanding of micro-service architectures
- Extensive DevOps and Gitlab-CI/CD experience
- Experience with REST/gRPC
- Familiar with version Control (Git)
- Experience in automatic testing and validation of machine-learning code
- Experience in producing production-ready code
- Interest in engineering problems and challenges related to industry 4.0 in biotechnological, chemical and pharmaceutical processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Organized and structured working, strong communication, dedication, divergent thinking
- Deploy and monitor software installations for multiple clients
- Implement orchestration and testing of machine learning algorithms
- Extend our unique technology with your smart ideas and concepts
- Integration into a young and dynamic team of computationally experienced chemical engineers, biotechnologists and computer scientists ready to master the digitalization challenge in the process industry
- Sharp learning curve in a challenging and highly interdisciplinary working environment
- Integration in our agile SCRUM development team, open towards modern technologies and solutions
- Possibility to spend 10% of your work hours into a work relevant personal research project
- Self-improvement opportunities supported by regular code reviews and coding dojos
- Appealing career opportunities in a fast-growing company
This is a full-time role. Office presence required at least once a week.
Please apply online to be considered.