Our client, a leading Financial Services Business, based in Basingstoke, is currently hiring for a Consumer Underwriter. You will be working alongside the Operations functions to provide credit decisions either instore or online.
- Reviewing credit searches, proof of income and identification in order to make decisions in a timely manner
- Completing fraud checks
- Making sure any decisions are made and document inline with business and regulatory procedures and within agreed service level agreements
- Providing internal and external support as and when required
- Ensuring any procedural issues or decision processes are escalated to the management team in a timely manner
- Previous underwriting experience working for a lender
- Have a good understanding of Consumer Credit Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection and Treating Customers Fairly
- Confident at making decisions
- Excellent communication skills; written, face to face and telephone
- Inquisitive with an analytical mind
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Friday, full time. Currently working remote until the foreseeable.
Our client offers an excellent remuneration package and excellent career progression prospects.
Please apply online to be considered.