Our client, a data analytics and process intelligence company, is looking for a talented Backend Developer in Lisbon, Portugal.
The role involves supporting the client's efforts aimed to the commercialization of web-based data science tools for the biotech manufacturing industry. You will drive and extend the client's existing software framework, based on a micro-service architecture, with additional structural components, innovative features, and effective connections to 3rd party systems. The goal is to transfer the developed solution into production and monitor the deployment. The position includes intense interaction with data scientists, software engineers, academic partners and clients.
- University degree (at least Bachelor) in computer science, software engineering, or similar fields
- Backend development skills in a modern strong-typed programming language (preferably Golang)
- Understanding of micro-service architectures
- Knowledge in container-based technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience with REST/gRPC
- Familiar with version Control (Git)
- Experience in producing production-ready code
- Interest in engineering problems and challenges related to industry 4.0 in biotechnological, chemical and pharmaceutical processes
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Organized and structured working, strong communication, dedication, divergent thinking
- Implement communication with 3rd party systems and databases
- Develop backend data processing pipelines
- Integrate machine learning algorithms
- Deploy and monitor software installations for multiple clients
- Extend our unique technology with your smart ideas and concepts
- Integration into a young and dynamic team of computationally experienced chemical engineers, biotechnologists and computer scientists ready to master the digitalization challenge in the process industry
- Sharp learning curve in a challenging and highly interdisciplinary working environment
- Integration in our agile SCRUM development team, open towards modern technologies and solutions
- Possibility to spend 10% of your work hours into a work relevant personal research project
- Self-improvement opportunities supported by regular code reviews and coding dojos
- Appealing career opportunities in a fast-growing company
This is a full-time role. Office presence required at least once a week.
Please apply online to be considered.